Vegtastic!

Flower

Vegan Cuts Beauty Box (October box)

20131209-134406.jpg

Have I ever told you about how much I procrastinate? I’ve probably been putting it off.

Well, a couple of months ago, I received an email from the fabulous Melisser at Vegan Cuts asking if I would like to review the October Vegan Cuts Beauty Box.

Would I? Oh yes.

My beauty routine is fairly minimal. I sometimes go days without combing my hair (the brush just gets caught in all the split ends, okay??), and while friends have commented that one can gauge my mood by how much eye makeup I am wearing (just mascara = normal, a little eyeliner = feeling good, full-on-raccoon = feeling bad, none = I’m slowly giving up on life), I don’t tend to use  many other cosmetics, so this opportunity seemed like the perfect excuse to get out of a rut.

It’s now December, but here’s my review!

The contents

Beauty Without Cruelty lavender shampoo: I’m a huge fan of BWC’s mascara and face wash and have been enjoying a sample bottle of their Vitamin C lotion from VVC, but their shampoo didn’t de-grease my hair as thoroughly as I would like from a hair-cleansing product.

Earth Science Pure Essentials Fragrance Free Shampoo and Conditioner: these, on the other hand, made my hair look/feel/smell (JK — it’s unscented) awesome. I’ve never going to give up the hippie mud shampoo I’ve been using since high school, but I did go out and purchase a bottle of this conditioner at Central Co-op for a fairly reasonable price ($8.95), even though I’m pretty sure that conditioner is an unnecessary luxury that Big Soap has manipulated us into thinking is critical to our hair not falling out. (Maybe this is where all my split ends come from. Or maybe I should get my hair cut more than twice a year.)

All Natural Face Matte Cream Blush: This stuff makes me feel so pretty, and works as lipstick or rouge — I like wearing both simultaneously for a natural(ish)-looking glow. Vegan Cuts gave us Dusty Rose, which is more neutral than the whorish pinks and reds that I usually pick. Use your fingers to apply it — super easy, and the case even has a little mirror to prevent you from giving yourself clownface when applying on-the-go. Plus, using your fingers allows you to spread it to the contours of your kisser better than any stick — I apply lipstick like a toddler. But wait — there’s more: it’s only $5.75!! ZuZu luxe lipstick is going to cost you three times that. Hells yeah.

Concrete Minerals eyeshadow: okay, I don’t know how to wear dark purple eyeshadow without looking like I’ve been in a bar fight, but I like the eggplanty color and shimmer of the eyeshadow that was in the box. It’s easy to apply, as long as you, umm, know what you’re doing, and at $7 a pop isn’t too unreasonable a price. Plus, Concrete Minerals’ products have fun names like “Blood and Guts” and “The Vaccine.”

Bare bones facial cleanser: this stuff is kinda an IQ test. The first time, I got my face all damp like I was going to be applying normal soap, then was all “MY FACE FEELS LIKE CRAP” after using it. Turns out, I just did it wrong because… it’s not soap. Ahhh. So, the next day, I applied it to dry skin, and, voila, squeaky-clean face — very nice. I’m fairly acne-prone so I’m hesitant to change my face routine much, but this stuff was developed with sensitive skin in mind. I’m going to use the rest of the tester bottle before I decide whether to buy again, but I like that the company is a one-woman operation and would like to support her!

Lotus Moon Vitamin E hydrating gel: you know that scene in Alien where they’re playing the knife game and that one cyborg guy cuts his hand and that white goo comes out and everyone’s all “OMG, he’s a robot”? It’s basically the first scene in the movie, so I’m not really giving anything away. (Spoiler alert: AN ALIEN POPS OUT OF A GUY’S CHEST LATER ON!) Well, the color and consistency of this stuff sorta reminds me of that goo. That said, I like the way it makes your skin smooth, soft, and hydrated without feeling greasy or heavy — it’s designed for oily, acne-prone skin like mine. My mom says I need to moisturize, so I’m thinking of buying a vial, even though it is a spendy $27.95. Who can put a price on looking good though, right? (Me, that’s who.)

Meow Meow Tweet Bergamot face & body tonic: I don’t really know how to use this – Meow Meow Tweet’s website says to mist it on your face, but the sample came in a pour bottle, so all I can really say is… it smells nice? I love the name and idea of the company, though, (CATS! TWITTER!) and may explore their offerings in the future — their gift packs look like they would make adorable holiday presents (though never, ever, ever get a girl random body products as gifts unless there is some sort of additional personal meaning attached or you want her to know that you know absolutely zilch about her personality — nothing says “I haven’t bothered to figure out what you really like” more than miscellaneous lotion and soap. If it’s a scent she likes or something fancy she’s been wanting or smells like kittens, sure, but just generic stuff, no. Since these are vegan and small-batch and artisinal and cute, these fit in with the “additional personal meaning” part and are acceptable.)

The culmination of it all:

TELL ME I’M BEAUTIFUL, INTERNET!! IGNORE THE CROOKED PHOTO BEHIND ME!!

Not gonna lie — I Photoshopped out some blemishes and fine lines here. I already admitted I don’t brush my hair — girl’s gotta maintain some vanity.

The Box

Like the Vegan Cuts snack boxes, the beauty box makes a great gift and is wonderful for discovering new favorites — I bought some Earth Science conditioner, and ordered another pot of All Natural Face cream blush for me (in a whorish red), the dusty rose for a friend, and a couple of tubes of their lipstick just to try them.

I can’t see myself subscribing regularly, since I don’t realistically need that much cosmetic stuff, but the beauty box is a sweet little boost out of the occasional rut. I highly recommend it as a fun sometimes treat!

Tags: Vegan Cuts

23 Responses to “Vegan Cuts Beauty Box (October box)”

1. April 25th, 2014 at 4:52 AM

http://fashiontsuuhann.artcriticonline.com/5off--edwin----404xvs-----474xvs.html says:

Frock coatA frock jacket is actually a mankind’s cover seen as a kneelength dresses everywhere over the platform, preferred while in the Victorian as well as Edwardian intervals.

2. April 28th, 2014 at 11:03 AM

best foundation says:

Hello, its nice paragraph concerning media print, we all understand media is a impressive source of facts.

3. April 29th, 2014 at 11:54 AM

http://galaxys2cases.com/ says:

While these keyboards won’t necessarily you could make your cell phone more stylish, they actually do look insanely cool.
    In the big event you verify the cellphone bill would you see a
    great deal of numbers about it that you simply won’t identify.
    The 3G connectivity means you can access emails or browse the internet quickly and uninterrupted, ensuring
    efficiency.

4. May 3rd, 2014 at 9:58 AM

roofing contractors says:

get the best roofing system around

5. May 3rd, 2014 at 11:03 PM

louis vuitton schal günstig says:

2. Als ’staggering’ atemberaubend bezeichnen perish Journalisten family room Wertverfall,
    louis vuitton schal günstig

6. May 8th, 2014 at 9:44 PM

spence diamonds locations vancouver says:

A diamond engagement ring is special and unique as it offers
    happy couples the perfect opportunity to showcase their
    upcoming nuptials in a perfect way. Many online diamond stores offer custom made diamond jewellery according to your choice and
    personality. Diamond solitaire rings encapsulate that magic of love.

7. May 13th, 2014 at 3:43 AM

http://www.nacmanagement.com/-casio-edifice-------efx-700pb-1av--------.html says:

Whereas layers, knitted garments in addition to overshoes will give pets extra coverage, they likewise have many down sides, Nelson says.

8. May 16th, 2014 at 9:16 PM

http://www.bondirescuelifeguards.net/12-17-10-0012-20-9-59-10---sa-yves-saint-laurent-- says:

Learn how to Nice and clean Sibel FurHow to recognize Pretend Sibel Dog’s fur; Easy methods to Tidy Coat Clothes inside your home; Create this informative article; Items Youll Have.

9. May 16th, 2014 at 9:17 PM

http://www.sudanlaptop.com/10----gw-9200bpj-1jf-riseman---men-in-dark-purple-g-shock-casio-------- says:

Considering spencer might happen, you’ve probably your twice added benefits need terrific topcoat can contain awareness.

10. May 16th, 2014 at 9:58 PM

http://www.2-punkt-methode.com/---d-g--dance-dw0274---96196.html says:

Some sort of Purple Moncler Christmas time Variation Decrease Coat is usually a unique format Moncler applications in addition to costs 209.

11. May 16th, 2014 at 9:59 PM

http://www.empadariadochefe.com/----louis-vuitton-----m60498-62-500-sale-60-000-.html says:

If you need to save money in comparison with 1 . 5 years working to get anyone to send out clothes and even shoes and boots towards many people regarding Afghanistan, also, you own every one of these police officers for the claim, to my advice the fact that appears like entrapment, says Ken Finkelstein, Nabis legal practitioner.

12. May 16th, 2014 at 10:00 PM

http://www.communitybids.com/-hermes-pm---bag1165--.html says:

3 The actual cropped pea layer during an fascinating create and colors stands out as the ideal method to find a bit spare an item for a monochromatic dress.

13. May 17th, 2014 at 7:34 PM

gucci財布 ランキング says:
  14. May 28th, 2014 at 10:16 PM

facial Plastic surgeon richmond va says:

Make sure you know how long it requires to recover from a plastic surgery process ahead of agreeing to it.
    Treatments for Treacher Collins syndrome commonly require surgery to
    remove the area in which blockage occurs. With an type of plastic surgery,
    there will be a recovery process.

Have a look at my blog post; facial Plastic surgeon richmond va

15. June 24th, 2014 at 12:49 AM

copper beads jewelry says:

Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re utilizing?
    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a
    lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a good web hosting
    provider at a honest price? Thanks a lot, I
    appreciate it!

16. July 1st, 2014 at 9:59 AM

boca raton florida accountants says:

Teaching accountancy can be equally another job path we could think about.
    yet with an Internet-age spin that he describes is like “putting lipstick on a pig. t have to ship goods and many other troubles you don.

Feel free to visit my weblog boca raton florida accountants

17. July 15th, 2014 at 2:15 AM

acne product reviews says:

acne product reviews…

Vegan Cuts Beauty Box (October box)…

18. July 16th, 2014 at 5:09 PM

top acne products says:

top acne products…

Vegan Cuts Beauty Box (October box)…

19. August 1st, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Cosmeticcollective.Com says:

Heya i will be in my ballet shoes listed here. I found that panel so i to locate It really valuable & the idea solved the problem away very much. I really hope to present one thing yet again and guide others as you aided my family.

20. August 7th, 2014 at 12:26 AM

bellane neon bodycon dresses says:

On October 15, 2008, a spokeswoman confirmed that Madonna and
    husband Guy Ritchie plan to divorce, which generated more magazine covers like
    Us Weekly, People magazine, OK magazine and Life & Style magazine.
    I just got done watching Baby Mama, it’s pretty funny, except that’s not what I’m
    blogging about right now. Hence, the final
    price of a product is automatically lower.

my web page: bellane neon bodycon dresses

21. September 7th, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Lloyd Irvin mixed martial arts says:

Very good post! We are linking to this great article
    on our site. Keepp up the good writing.

Feel free too surf to my homepage ::Lloyd Irvin mixed martial arts

22. September 23rd, 2014 at 4:15 AM

als charm says:

I have read so many articles regarding the blogger lovers but this article
    is in fact a good article, keep it up.

23. September 13th, 2016 at 5:49 AM

china product procurement says:

china product procurement…

Get the greatest outsourcing to china now available around and at great prices…..