Bakers needed for Vegan Haven bake sale December 15-16!
Vegan Haven (formerly Sidecar for Pigs Peace) is holding a winter bake sale the weekend of December 15-16 to benefit Pigs Peace Sanctuary and needs donations of delicious baked goods! I’m helping organize this one while the regular organizer applies to grad school, and am hoping to recruit some of you, Vegtastic! readers.
Can you bake some cookies, cupcakes, bars, donuts, hand pies, truffles, scones, muffins, or whatever for the cause? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know.
Proceeds benefit the piggies, and everyone will love your goodies, I promise!
Guidelines for Bakers:
- Please drop off your baked goods at Vegan Haven during this time frame: Friday, December 14th after 6pm through Saturday, December 15 at 8pm. If this doesn’t fit in your schedule or you would like to bring in your items on Sunday morning so we have fresh goodies, please let me know and we’ll work out arrangements.
- All items must be vegan (no honey)
- All items must be cooked/baked. Dehydrated food is A-OK to bring to the sale.
- Avoid potentially hazardous foods that spoil easily without refrigeration. For example, pudding, cheesecake, a whipped cream filling or topping, etc.
- Wrap all of your items at home in individual sized servings. For example, if you¹re baking cookies, wrap them individually or 2 or 3 together in saran wrap or a sandwich bag. The reason behind this is to minimize direct hand to food contact at the sale.
- Follow hygienic practices when preparing and wrapping food–wash your hands frequently, keep a clean working environment, etc.
- Please bring a list of ingredients that you used in your baked goods. People might have questions at the sale regarding allergies, etc. You can put the list of ingredients on each item or bring one list, it’s up to you.
A general bake sale note: individual sized portions tend to sell better than large items. That way people can buy more of a variety.
Event Details (Please help us spread the word!)
- What: Vegan Haven Holiday Bake Sale
- When: Saturday December 15th at Noon – 8pm and Sunday December 16th at 10am – 7pm.
- Where: Vegan Haven: 5270 B University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Hope you can help!
This entry was posted on Thursday, November 29th, 2012 at 12:59 PM and is filed under news. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.