Chocolate chip cookie dough-filled chocolate cake
If you are looking for a decadent dessert idea, gaze no further than this chocolate chip cookie dough-filled chocolate cake topped with velvety ganache.
Yes, this is the most disgustingly indulgent recipe that Vegtastic has ever shared. You will probably get diabetes if you eat this daily.
The idea hit me after eating a chocolate-covered vegan cookie dough truffle at Whole Foods: why not fill a chocolate cake with a layer of cookie dough?
Unlike cookie dough made with raw eggs, vegan cookie dough won’t land you a cameo on Food Safety News. You could make your own vegan cookie dough, though I’m a fan of Eat Pastry’s pre-made stuff, also available at Whole Foods.
The chocolate cupcake recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World makes the richest 6″ cake I’ve tasted in recent memory, and 6″ of chocolate chip cookie dough-filled chocolate cake topped with ganache is really all you’ll need for a small army or hungry office.
Chocolate-chip cookie dough filled chocolate cake
- 1 recipe chocolate cupcake batter from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
- 1/2 cup cookie dough, like Eat Pastry’s, softened
- 1 recipe chocolate ganache from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
- Prepare cupcake batter according to instructions and pour into 2 greased 6″ pans. Bake at the temperature suggested by the recipe for 30 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool layers on a wire rack. When cool, spread cookie dough onto one cake layer. Top with the other layer.
- Drizzle spread ganache over top of cake and allow to drizzle down sides.
Serve with a side of cold vanilla soy milk and an insulin shot.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 at 8:27 AM and is filed under cake. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.