What I’m cooking for Thanksgiving
David and I are hosting a vegan Thanksgiving dinner for a few non-vegan (but veg tolerant) friends this year.
Here’s the menu:
- Hazelnut Field Roast en croute
- mashed potatoes made with cashew cream
- Tofu Mom’s mushroom red wine sauce
- Awesome cranberry orange relish
- Fat Free Vegan Kitchen’s green bean casserole
- Hobby and More’s fluffy white dinner rolls
- Novel Eat’s vegan stuffing
- some sort of green salad, probably winged
- candied yams (to be brought by a guest, who I hope understands what “vegan” means)
- Dessert: The PPK’s maple pecan pie
- Libations: The Great Pumpkin martini from SnarkyVegan/JenoJoon + Two-buck Chuck (the reds are vegan)
There are a lot of delicious-sounding recipes out there. If you’re looking for gluten-free/soy free vegan Thanksgiving options, Ashley at Freshly Vegetarian curated a great list. VegWeb has more vegan Thanksgiving ideas, as does the New York Times. Really, just do a Google search and you’ll come up with tons of inspiration – it’s never been easier to serve a vegan Thanksgiving meal.
image by Tyler Love via Creative Commons
This entry was posted on Sunday, November 20th, 2011 at 2:17 PM and is filed under Holiday. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.